Remove domain from 000webhost after account was deleted

Hey,

About a week ago, my website was deleted. All the content and the database were wiped. Thankfully, I made a backup. However, the domain still links to 000webhost, more specifically to http://error404.000webhost.com/?

How would I go about removing the domain now that the site is deleted?

Thanks

What is your domain name??

It was simengyang.me

But it seems to work fine

Hm, maybe I just need to refresh my cache.

This is a bit unrelated, but would it be possible to use the old control panel interface instead of the newer interface? Is there an option for this?

Lastly, I believe my website was deleted due to inactivity (< 10 unique visitors per month). Is this is the case or are there other possible reasons? I was not notified by email regarding the deletion.

Thank you

Hm, it doesn’t seem to work for me

Sometimes your local Internet Service Provider may use outdated DNS servers, or your computer might be configured to use set ones also which might not be as up to date as the ones I’ll provide below.

Using different DNS servers should not impact your performance, if anything it will make loading sites faster and any changes to other peoples websites should reflect faster as well.

First you’ll want to navigate to your start menu, control panel then network connections.

Once open you’ll want to right click on the connection your computer uses to connect to the Internet be it ethernet wired connection or a wireless connection to your router and select properties.

Once the properties menu appears you’ll want to select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPV4) then select properties

Once now on the last screen you’ll want to type in 8.8.8.8 as the first one and 8.8.4.4 as your secondary DNS server.

Now close and save all changes.

Now you’ll want to do the following - find Command Prompt within your start menu else hit start, run, cmd.exe and then open it.

Once open just type ipconfig /flushdns

For more information on Google DNS https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

I hope this aids somewhat.